Why breakfast? I’m never hungry when I wake up!
It has been proven over and over again by scientists that breakfast eaters tend to weigh less than those who skip breakfast. It is however important to note that a coffee and a muffin, doughnut or bagel do NOT count as breakfast 🙂
Breakfast should be loaded with nutrients to set you up for a powerful day, to boost you metabolism and protect your hard earned muscle (which acts as your furnace, upping your metabolism throughout the day) from being broken down by your body to be used as fuel.
So, when you get up, focus on your well being and health first, so you can be the powerful person you were meant to be.
Here is an easy, delicious Protein and Nutrient Packed Power Breakfast – my favourite to start my day off on the right foot and I find my workouts to be of a much better quality when I’m fueled with this meal!!
This recipe provides:
- Ample Protein (from the egg, egg whites and protein powder) to stave off hunger, make you feel full and satisfied and provides your muscle with nutrients and fuel
- Oats is a fantastic Complex Carbohydrate to eat for breakfast. It helps control cravings, provides a high level of fibre, stabilises blood sugar, lowers bad cholesterol without affecting good cholesterol and enhances your immune response.
- Apple sauce provides natural sweetness as well as Vit C and Fibre
- Adding the Sugar and Salt free Natural Peanut Butter also kicks up the protein in this meal AND provides Vitamin E, magnesium, potassium and vitamin B6 for immunity. Also Peanut Butter is full of heart-healthy Monounsaturated Fat which not only helps you to lose weight, but the fats are extremely important to aid in the absorption of all the goodness in the form of Vitamins and Minerals that this meal provides.
- The sliced banana supplies ample quantities of Potassium, Vit C, Vit B6, Manganese (necessary mineral for bone health and metabolism) and of course, our best friend, FIBRE.
Power Protein Pancake
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1/2 cup oats or 1 packet instant regular (unflavoured) oats
½ scoop Vanilla protein
2 Tbsp. unsweetened Apple sauce
½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Mix all ingredients together
Spray a pan with Pam, and pour batter in. Keep pan on a low heat and cover. Once the bottom of the pancake is set and the top is almost done, flip the pancake. Once cooked, slide onto a plate.
1 Tbsp. Natural no sugar, no salt Peanut Butter
½ banana sliced
Spread half the pancake with peanut butter and place sliced bananas on top. Fold the pancake over and enjoy!!!!
You could also add fresh or frozen blueberries to this batter for blueberry pancakes which would give it a good anti-oxidant boost!
So, eat your breakfast, power up and have a superbly productive day!